At Embrace Relationship Counseling, we believe fulfilling connections are the foundation of healthy lives. Our goal is to support couples and individuals on their path to finding and creating relationships in which they feel seen, heard, and loved. Our clinicians employ The Gottman Method and EMDR to heal the trauma of infidelity, addiction, and childhood wounds as we work with couples and individuals experiencing hurt, broken trust, loneliness, and disconnection. We offer ongoing workshops and community events to support making mental and emotional health services accessible in multiple ways.
About Anne Burkart
Embracing the changes in life can be scary-even in the best of times! I believe that as living creatures we are wired to seek connection & support as we move through the seasons of our life. Our ability to connect & our style of attachment begin to develop in our earliest moments of life. The successes & failures of our attachments guide our relationships as we become adults. Our ability to love ourselves & experience loving relationships with others are often impacted by trauma, addiction, infidelity, & difficulty managing our emotions in communicating our wants & needs. My unique background in marriage & family therapy, addiction counseling, education, business, & parenthood allow me to understand many of the challenges relationships face. Whether you are seeking to reconnect with yourself or heal & strengthen your marriage/partnership, I am here to walk this path with you.
- Master of Arts, Marriage & Family Therapy, Summa Cum Laude
- Master of Education, Summa Cum Laude
- EMDR training through EMDRIA
- Participant, Certified Gottman Therapist certification program
- Gottman trained Level 3
- Specialized Gottman training in healing infidelity and trauma/PTSD
- Gottman certified leader The 7 Principles for Making Marriage Work
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) externship
- volunteer Personal Growth therapist for Pfeiffer University Marriage & Family Therapy graduate program students
- additional training & supervision through Dr. Robert Cox, EdD, LCMHC, LCAS
- community mental health advocate & speaker/educator
- proud mom!
Reach out to me today!
Please complete the form below to schedule an appointment.
I will try my best to accommodate your request and will be in touch ASAP.